Junior Year is CRITICAL! Make those grades count. Your junior year is crucial for college applications.
During your Junior year, it is a time to start preparing for college and/or the workforce. This page will provide resources to help guide you through your 11th year in high school. Please note that although we try to provide as many resources as possible, this is not an all inclusive list!
- Check out CFNC to start preparation for college and start learning ways to pay for college!
- Make a list of prospective colleges.
- Study for the ACT and the SAT
- Register for the ACT and SAT
- Plan your career by looking at NC Career Prospects
- Do a Reality Check to see how your plan and goals fit by estimating the income necessary to support your desired lifestyle.
- Look for new experiences and activities:
- Get a part-time job or internship
- Take college courses through the CCP program over the summer
- Go shadow a job you are interested in to gain information about the daily activities
- Volunteer! College love volunteer work and try different groups!
- Start writing those college essays!
Junior Year Checklist